Who is this training plan for?
This training plan is suitable if you are completely new to triathlon or you have possibly completed one sprint distance triathlon event.
Health-status safety checklist:
1. Are you aged over 30 and/or have not exercised for some time? Y/N
2. Do you suffer from any medical conditions? Y/N
3. Are you a smoker or have recently given up smoking? Y/N
4. Have you undergone any surgery in the past two years? Y/N
5. Are you suffering from any injuries? Y/N
6. Are you currently on any prescribed medication? Y/N
7. Are you unsure about beginning an exercise programme? Y/N
Once you have the all-clear from your doctor then you’re ready to start training.
10 WEEK NOVICE TRIATHLON TRAINING PLAN
Brick: A run immediately after a bike ride.
Strength Training: a full body routine (something like this)
The program created by Leszek Stelmachowski: AG Triathlete. Ironman Coach. Co-Owner of Fitness Soul. His passion is to help you become better & fitter! Leszek offers Personalised Triathlon Coaching in Edinburgh